The Supreme Lord Sri Krishna is worshipped thus: “My Lord, You are the well-wisher of the Cows and the Brahmanas, and You are the well-wisher of the entire human society and world.”
In the Srimad Bhagavatam it is said: gavah panca pavitrani: the cows deliver five products and all of them are pure and uncontaminated. The five products received from the cow are milk, ghee, yogurt, cow dung and urine. These five products, calledpancha-gavya, are required in all ritualistic ceremonies performed according to the Vedic directions.
- To rescue stray, abandoned, and neglected cows, bring about their recovery as healthy, well-treated companions, and to promote such care and compassion.
- To provide medical relief to bleeding, injured, pregnant cows, and rehabilitating these cows to hospitals for treatment and then to the gaushalas in the vicinity.
- To provide the best possible care and attention given to cows prior to being taken to a shelter home and veterinary center.
- To propagate and promote love for the cow and its virtues.
- To prevent cruelty and slaughter of cows through positive action.
- To right knowledge on the use of cow manure is being imparted at various centers, particularly keeping in view the increasing popularity of organic farming.